Geo Warranty Terms
This limited manufacturer’s warranty (warranty) is given by Tactus Limited (Tactus, we, us or our) to the purchaser of a Geo product, and is subject to the following terms and conditions.
This warranty will not apply if you bought your product from a retailer, and the retailer has agreed to manage defective products on our behalf. We may be able to resolve your problem though without you needing to go back to your retailer, so please contact us in the first instance if you have any issues. We have a dedicated support team ready to help you who can be contacted at here.
The duration of your warranty (warranty period) will vary from product to product and country to country. The warranty period will start on the date of purchase. Please contact email@example.com if you need information on the duration of your warranty. Please provide us with your serial number.
If you bought your Geo product from www.geo-computers.com:
Please contact the Help Centre for more information here.
If you bought your Geo product from somewhere other than www.geo-computers.com:
Your warranty is a RTB (Return to Base) warranty. This means that you are responsible for covering the cost of sending the Geo product to us for inspection and repair, and we are responsible for covering the cost of any repairs/replacement parts and return postage. If, upon inspection, we find the Geo product is not covered by the warranty, we will not cover the costs of repair/replacement parts.
What this warranty covers:
Tactus warrants that each Geo hardware product that you purchase is free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use during the warranty period.
If the product fails during normal and proper use within the warranty period, we will repair or replace the defective parts or the product itself.
Any replaced product or part will become our property and the replacement part or product becomes your property. We will use either new or refurbished parts or products that provide at least an equivalent level of performance and functionality to the original product or part. Any parts or products repaired or replaced will be under warranty for the remainder of the warranty period.
Consumers have legal rights under applicable law governing the sale of consumer goods. This warranty does not exclude, limit or suspend any such rights.
What your warranty does not cover:
We do not warrant uninterrupted or error-free operation of a product. Your warranty will not apply:
- to failure or damage to your device caused by accidental damage, misuse, abuse or use in an unsuitable physical or operating environment. Your device will be inspected by our technicians, and our opinion as to whether there has been accidental damage, misuse, abuse or use in an unsuitable environment will be final. We will always act fairly and reasonably in reaching a decision.
- to damage caused by wear and tear.
- if you have tampered with the device in any way. For the avoidance of doubt, if you open or attempt to open the device, this will be regarded as tampering.
- if your device has been changed, modified or repaired without our authorisation or to any improper maintenance.
- If the serial number of the product, components or accessories has been altered or removed.
- to failure or damage caused by third party software or virus(es) or software compatibility with replacement parts.
- if you have replaced Microsoft Windows with another operating system, as we do not support any operating systems other than Windows.
- if you make any changes to the BIOS (the program used by your device to start the operating system) as this may cause your device to become unusable.
- failure or damage caused by any third party products, such as improper installation, improper connection or malfunction of a peripheral device such as printer, optical drive, network card, or USB device.
- damage to the product caused by an external electrical fault or power surge.
- if you use the product other than for your own personal use.
Please also see our Dead Pixel policy here.
Any software delivered with the product is provided “as-is”. We do not guarantee uninterrupted or error-free operation of any software provided with the product.
This warranty covers the hardware of the product only. We will provide technical support for the product’s preinstalled software only when it relates to the proper functioning of the hardware. For other problems with the software, please visit our Help Centre for useful FAQs and articles.
We strongly recommend that you periodically back up your data stored on the product. We will not be liable if any of your data is lost as a result of a hardware fault.
If it is necessary for your product to be repaired or replaced, please ensure that you have fully backed up all your data and that you have removed any personal, proprietary or confidential information before sending the product to us. We will not be liable for any loss or disclosure of data that occurs as a result of us carrying out a repair. If your product is replaced, you should be aware that any data stored on it will become permanently inaccessible.
Limitation of liability:
If you make a claim under this warranty, you acknowledge and agree that repair or replacement, as applicable, is your sole and exclusive remedy for any defective workmanship or materials. This clause shall not exclude or limit our liability for: (i) death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence or employees, officers, agents or contractors; (ii) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (iii) any other liability that cannot be limited or excluded as a matter of law.
How to obtain warranty support:
Should you have a problem or need help with your device, please visit our Help Centre.
Tactus Limited, Building 1, Olympic Park, Warrington, Cheshire, WA2 0YL